Whole Roasted Lamb Recipe
- 1 whole lamb (about 25-30 lbs)
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp dried oregano
- 2 tbsp dried thyme
- 2 tbsp paprika
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 10 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 cups chicken or beef stock
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Mix the olive oil, dried oregano, dried thyme, paprika, ground cumin, minced garlic, salt, and pepper to make the marinade.
- Place the whole lamb on a large roasting pan with a rack. Using a sharp knife, pierce the lamb all over, going through the skin and into the meat.
- Pour the marinade all over the lamb, rubbing it into the meat with your hands. Make sure to get the marinade into all the crevices and slits.
- Pour the chicken or beef stock into the bottom of the roasting pan.
- Roast the lamb in the preheated oven for about 4-5 hours or until the internal temperature reaches 145°F.
- Baste the lamb every 30 minutes with the juices that accumulate in the bottom of the pan. Cover the lamb loosely with foil if it starts to brown too quickly.
- Once the lamb is fully cooked, remove it from the oven and let it rest for 20-30 minutes before carving and serving.
Serve the lamb with your favorite sides, such as roasted vegetables, potatoes, or a salad. Enjoy!