Tropical Stuffed Green Peppers Recipe (A spicy variation)
Here’s a spicy variation of a tropical stuffed green peppers recipe for you to try:
- 4 large green bell peppers
- 1 cup cooked white or brown rice
- 1/2 cup cooked black beans
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/2 cup diced pineapple
- 1/2 cup diced mango
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup diced jalapeno pepper (seeds and membranes removed for less heat)
- 1/2 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Lime wedges for serving
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C). Cut off the tops of the green bell peppers and remove the seeds and membranes. Place the peppers in a baking dish and bake for 15 minutes to soften slightly.
- In a large bowl, combine the cooked rice, black beans, quinoa, diced pineapple, diced mango, red onion, red bell pepper, jalapeno pepper, shredded pepper jack cheese, cilantro, olive oil, minced garlic, cumin, smoked paprika, cayenne pepper, salt, and black pepper. Mix well to combine.
- Remove the peppers from the oven and stuff them with the rice and bean mixture, pressing down firmly to pack the filling tightly.
- Return the stuffed peppers to the oven and bake for another 20-25 minutes, or until the peppers are tender and the filling is heated through.
- Remove the stuffed peppers from the oven and let them cool for a few minutes before serving. Serve with lime wedges on the side for a burst of tangy flavor.
Enjoy your spicy tropical stuffed green peppers! They make a delicious and nutritious meal perfect for a spicy food lover. Adjust the spice level to your liking by adding more or less jalapeno or cayenne pepper.