Tropical Cordero Recipe (Mexican/Caribbean Kebabs)
Here’s a recipe for Tropical Cordero (Mexican/Caribbean lamb kebabs) that serves 4:
- 1 pound boneless lamb leg, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 red onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup fresh pineapple chunks
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Wooden skewers soaked in water for at least 30 minutes
- Whisk together olive oil, lime juice, honey, cumin, paprika, chili powder, salt, and pepper in a small bowl.
- Thread lamb, onion, bell peppers, and pineapple onto skewers, alternating ingredients.
- Brush skewers with the marinade and let sit for at least 30 minutes, or cover and refrigerate for up to 24 hours.
- Preheat the grill or grill pan to medium-high heat.
- Grill skewers for 8-10 minutes, occasionally turning, until lamb is cooked to the desired doneness.
- Serve hot with additional lime wedges and a side of rice or salad.
Enjoy your delicious Tropical Cordero kebabs with your loved ones.