Mexican Lamb Stew Recipe
Here’s a delicious Mexican Lamb Stew recipe for you:
- 1 ½ pounds of lamb stew meat, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 can (14 ounces) of diced tomatoes
- 2 cups of beef or lamb broth
- 1 tablespoon of tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons of ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon of ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon of dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon of smoked paprika
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Chopped fresh cilantro, for garnish
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add the lamb stew meat and cook until browned on all sides. Remove the lamb from the pot and set aside.
- In the same pot, add the diced onion and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the minced garlic and cook for an additional minute.
- Add the chopped carrots and potatoes to the pot, along with the diced tomatoes, beef or lamb broth, tomato paste, cumin, coriander, oregano, smoked paprika, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Return the lamb stew meat to the pot and bring the mixture to a boil. Once boiling, reduce the heat to low and cover the pot. Let the stew simmer for 1 ½ to 2 hours, or until the lamb is tender and the vegetables are cooked through.
- Taste and adjust seasoning with additional salt and pepper, if needed.
- Serve the Mexican Lamb Stew hot, garnished with chopped fresh cilantro. It pairs well with rice, tortillas, or crusty bread for a complete meal.
Enjoy your delicious Mexican Lamb Stew!