Southwest Lamb Chili Recipe
Here’s a delicious recipe for Southwest Lamb Chili that you can try at home:
- 1 lb ground lamb
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeno, seeds, and ribs removed, finely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 can (14 oz) diced tomatoes
- 1 can (15 oz) kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (15 oz) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups beef or lamb broth
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Optional toppings: shredded cheese, sour cream, chopped cilantro, sliced jalapenos
- Heat a large pot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add the vegetable oil, and then add the ground lamb. Cook the lamb, breaking it up with a spoon, until browned and cooked through. Remove the lamb from the pot and set aside.
- Add the chopped onion, minced garlic, and jalapeno in the same pot. Cook for 3-4 minutes, until the vegetables are softened.
- Add the diced red bell pepper to the pot and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Return the cooked lamb to the pot, and add the diced tomatoes, kidney beans, black beans, beef or lamb broth, chili powder, cumin, smoked paprika, dried oregano, salt, and black pepper. Stir well to combine.
- Bring the chili to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and let it simmer for about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Taste the chili and adjust the seasoning as needed. Add more salt, pepper, or spices, according to your preference.
- Serve hot with your favorite toppings, such as shredded cheese, sour cream, chopped cilantro, and sliced jalapenos.
Enjoy your Southwest Lamb Chili! It’s a hearty and flavorful dish perfect for a cozy meal.