Lamb with Cashew-Nut Curry Recipe (Korma)
Here’s a recipe for Lamb with Cashew-Nut Curry, also known as Lamb Korma:
- 1 lb lamb, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup cashew nuts
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 tomatoes, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1-inch piece of ginger, minced
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamom powder
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Salt to taste
- Fresh cilantro for garnish
- Grind the cashew nuts into a smooth paste in a blender by adding a little water. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a large pan or wok over medium heat. Add the chopped onions and sauté until they turn golden brown.
- Add the minced garlic and ginger to the pan and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add the lamb pieces to the pan and cook until they are browned on all sides.
- Add the chopped tomatoes to the pan and cook until they soften.
- Add the cashew nut paste to the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring continuously.
- Add the turmeric powder, red chili powder, cumin powder, coriander powder, cinnamon powder, and cardamom powder to the pan. Stir well to combine.
- Add the yogurt to the pan and cook for another 2-3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add the heavy cream and garam masala to the pan. Stir well and let the curry simmer for 10-15 minutes, or until the lamb is cooked and the flavors melded together.
- Add salt to taste and stir well.
- Garnish the Lamb with Cashew-Nut Curry with fresh cilantro before serving.
- Serve hot with steamed basmati rice or naan bread.
Enjoy your delicious Lamb with Cashew-Nut Curry (Korma).