Lamb Treats Recipe
Here’s a recipe for lamb treats, also known as Rocky Mountain Oysters, Lamb Fries, or Lamb Testicles:
- Lamb testicles (4-6 pieces)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 large eggs
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Prepare the lamb testicles by rinsing them thoroughly under cold water and patting them dry with paper towels.
- In a shallow dish, whisk together the flour, salt, black pepper, garlic powder, paprika, thyme, rosemary, oregano, and cayenne pepper to create a seasoned flour mixture.
- Whisk together the milk and eggs in a separate bowl to create an egg wash.
- Dip each lamb testicle into the seasoned flour mixture, coating it evenly, then dip it into the egg wash, allowing any excess to drain off.
- Dip the coated lamb testicle back into the seasoned flour mixture, pressing the flour mixture onto the surface to adhere well.
- Place the coated lamb testicle onto a plate or wire rack and repeat the process with the remaining lamb testicles.
- In a deep frying pan or Dutch oven, heat about 2 inches of vegetable oil to 350°F (175°C) over medium-high heat.
- Carefully place the coated lamb testicles into the hot oil using a slotted spoon, and fry them for 3-4 minutes per side until they are golden brown and crispy.
- Using the slotted spoon, remove the fried lamb testicles from the oil and place them on paper towels to drain off any excess oil.
- Serve the hot lamb treats with your favorite dipping sauce or condiments, such as aioli, ranch dressing, or hot sauce, and enjoy!
Note: Lamb treats are considered a delicacy in some cultures and can be an acquired taste. Always handle raw meat safely and cook lamb testicles to an internal temperature of 160°F (71°C) to ensure they are fully cooked.