Seasoned Lamb Jerky Recipe
Here’s a delicious recipe for making seasoned lamb jerky at home:
- 1 pound of lamb meat, thinly sliced against the grain
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons of liquid smoke
- 2 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon of garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon of onion powder
- 1 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper (optional for added heat)
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, liquid smoke, brown sugar, garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper, paprika, and cayenne pepper (if using) to make the marinade.
- Add the thinly sliced lamb meat to the marinade, ensuring each piece is well coated. You can marinate the lamb meat for at least 2-3 hours, but for best results, let it marinate in the refrigerator overnight for maximum flavor.
- Preheat your oven to 175°F (80°C) or the lowest setting available. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Remove the lamb slices from the marinade, allowing any excess liquid to drain off. Arrange the lamb slices in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet.
- Place the baking sheet in the preheated oven and bake for 3-4 hours, or until the lamb jerky is dry and firm to the touch. You can rotate the baking sheet and flip the jerky slices halfway through the cooking time to ensure even drying.
- Once the lamb jerky is fully dried, remove it from the oven and let it cool to room temperature. Pat off any excess oil or moisture with paper towels.
- Store the seasoned lamb jerky in an airtight container or resealable bag for up to 2 weeks. Enjoy your homemade lamb jerky as a delicious and protein-packed snack!
You can also use a dehydrator to make lamb jerky, following the manufacturer’s instructions for drying meat. Cooking times may vary depending on the thickness of the lamb slices and the equipment used.