Exotic Lamb Sausage Recipe
Here’s a recipe for exotic lamb sausage that does not require a sausage casing, resulting in a skinless sausage. Enjoy.
- 1 pound ground lamb
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the ground lamb, breadcrumbs, mint, cilantro, red onion, minced garlic, cumin, coriander, paprika, cinnamon, ginger, cayenne pepper, salt, and black pepper. Mix well using your hands or a wooden spoon until all the ingredients are thoroughly combined.
- Form the mixture into sausage-shaped patties or logs, about 3-4 inches long and 1 inch thick. If the mixture is too soft to shape, you can refrigerate it for 30 minutes to firm it up.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet or griddle over medium heat. Add the lamb sausage patties or logs to the hot oil and cook for 4-5 minutes per side or until they are browned and cooked through.
- Once cooked, transfer the lamb sausage to a paper towel-lined plate to drain any excess oil.
- Serve the exotic lamb sausage hot with your favorite side dish, such as couscous, roasted vegetables, or a fresh salad. Enjoy the delicious flavors of the spices and herbs in this unique lamb sausage!
You can adjust the spices and seasonings according to your taste preferences. If you prefer a milder sausage, reduce the amount of cayenne pepper or omit it altogether. You can also add other herbs and spices to customize the flavor profile to your liking.