1. Chop whole onions, and sauté in very hot oil in nonstick pan large enough to hold all the ingredients.
2. Slice the whole carrots, and add to the onions, continuing to sauté.
3. If the lamb is not already ground, trim and grind in the food processor. When the onions have begun to soften and take on color, add the lamb and brown it, breaking it up so it doesn't clump together.
4. Add the wine, and cook over high heat to reduce slightly.
5. Wash, dry and chop the dill. When the wine is reduced, add the dill, thyme, stock and beans; continue to cook over medium heat for a couple of minutes.
6. Mix a little of the buttermilk with the cornstarch to make a paste. Stir the paste into the remaining buttermilk, and add to the stew, stirring to mix well. Cook until mixture thickens slightly; season with salt and pepper. Serve over tiny boiled new potatoes.
Return to Sheep's Creek Farm Lamb Recipes page.
© 1998 Ronald Florence Last modified: Sat Nov 8 17:14:47 EST 1997