1. Preheat oven to 425°.
2. In a bowl, combine ground beef, and lamb. In a separate bowl, beat eggs, Stir in the milk and oats. Pour into the meats. Mix thoroughly.
3. Add all other ingredients except clarified butter. Mix well. (use your hands).
4. Shape mixture into an oval loaf and place in a roasting pan. Drizzle with clarified butter and bake for 1 hour. Serve drizzled with sauce.
Yield: six to eight servings.
1. In a skillet, heat butter (olive oil). Add onions, green pepper, and bay leaf and sauté until the onion is translucent and limp, about 5-10 minutes.
2. Add the remaining ingredients, except tomato paste and parsley, breaking the tomatoes into small pieces as you add them. Simmer for 30 minutes, or until sauce begins to thicken.
3. Add the tomatoes paste and stir well. Cook 15 minutes. Add the parsley, stir well. Serve over the Meat Loaf.
Yield: 4 cups.
Enjoy with a red or white wine.
Return to Sheep's Creek Farm Lamb Recipes page.
© 1998 Ronald Florence Last modified: 10-Dec-2001 17:38:27 EST