1. In a large heavy skillet or Dutch oven, heat the oil over moderate heat. Add the onion and green peppers and sauté, stirring, until the onion begins to wilt. Add the garlic, the juniper berries and the chiles and sauté a few minutes more.
2. Add the lamb in small batches and brown quickly. Stir in the oregano.
3. Add water as needed, cover the pot and cook over low heat for 2-2½ hours until the lamb is very tender. If the mixture begins to dry out, add some more water.
4. When the lamb is tender, stir in the potatoes and cook until the potatoes are done, about 20-30 minutes.
5. Stir in the chopped cilantro and 1 tsp. salt. Taste for salt and chile pepper and add more if necessary.
No beans, beef or tomatoes!
Return to Sheep's Creek Farm Lamb Recipes page.
© 1998 Ronald Florence Last modified: 20-Jan-2002 08:07:42 EST