1. Cut the lamb into 16 1½ inch cubes.
2. Peel the onions, then steam or parboil them until nearly cooked but firm. Drain.
3. Combine onions, vinegar, white wine, garlic, grated lemon, cumin, rosemary, thyme, honey, salt and pepper to taste. Blend well, then add the lamb and marinate for 30 minutes or longer.
4. Meanwhile, preheat oven broiler or grill to high.
5. Drain the meat, reserving the marinade. Thread onto four skewers, alternating between the lamb cubes and onions on each skewer.
6. Brush the skewers with the oil and the reserved marinade.
7. Broil under high heat 3 minutes on each side for rare, brushing often with the marinade. Cook longer if desired.
8. Serve immediately, garnished with watercress.
Yield: 4 servings.
Return to Sheep's Creek Farm Lamb Recipes page.
© 1998 Ronald Florence Last modified: Sat Nov 8 16:42:41 EST 1997